Tuesday, September 6, 2011

Change is Good

As you may have noticed, I've changed the name of this blog. I've been thinking about making changes to this blog for some time. I've never wanted a blog that is just a listing of my thoughts, or a journal...I want a blog about something that I do. I live a simple life, with not many exciting excursions or adventures to tell about, so I end up just expressing my thoughts. At first I was going to cancel this blog altogether because I wasn't happy with the result of my random ramblings, but I've decided that I might just have something to say. I keep life simple by doing projects. Brian and I are pretty good at scratching a few pennies together to make a living, doing things ourselves or learning to do without, so that is what this blog will be about from here out. I plan to post about tea-making, furniture making/remodeling, the projects that accompany farm life, putting away food, etc...and I'm planning to make a wool rag rug this summer, so I'll be posting about that! So hopefully someone besides myself will find this useful.

Now, the name...We've been struggling with that a little. Brian and I have decided that Quaint is probably the best word to describe us. Quaint has 2 definitions: strange, odd; and old-fashioned, nostalgic...well, we are just that! Synonyms to Quaint: original, peculiar, whimsical,  antique, charming, enchanting, picturesque...all words that would express my feelings about our lifestyle. I love living life the way we do, figuring out how to get by, or learning to do it yourself. It's something I've always loved. So here goes: a blog about living simple and quaint.

1 comment:

  1. totally excited to read about your projects. wool rug? i'll be looking for that one! sounds awesome.

    is brian gonna post some of the decorating stuff he does? hope so!

    ReplyDelete