Thursday, May 17, 2012

Rural America

While we were visiting Shenandoah National Park, we made some other stops. We spent a good amount of time in the countryside of western Virginia (not West Virginia, just the western side of Virginia).


I fell in love with the area right away. It's very rural, but with an old-timey flare. All of the houses were old; the farms picturesque, and the animals happy. I could definitely handle more of that.



These people have it made. This little homestead was beautiful, separated by a beautiful creek from the road. This is the best depiction of my dream homestead I've ever found.


Here's the bridge and creek in front of their house.


Isn't this beautiful?!


We passed several small businesses selling "Antique" tables, made today! I still haven't figured out how to make an antique table today...


Anyway, we both fell in love with this area. We will definitely be back.

No comments:

Post a Comment